Edition: Futurama Website/Futurama Export/Futurama Webservice
Module: Not applicable
- Not applicable
An important change in ASP.Net 4 is that the web.config files are allowed to be much more compact, e.a. requiring less lines of code. When transitioning to the .Net Framework 4 it is advised to "freshen up" the web.config. This can be done by creating a new web.config using the guidelines of the Settings in web.config, but it is also possible to clean up your existing web.config. To do this you can follow the following steps:
- All 'app.settings' remain untouched.
- A lot of additions in the current web.config are unnecessary in .Net Framework 4. Usually in these additions a line of code is added containing a versionnumber. If this versionnumber is equal to 18.104.22.168 it indicates that this addition is not necessary in .Net Framework 4. Below are a few examples:
- Under system.web some httpHandlers and httpModules need to be removed, otherwise the website will not work.
- The section 'configSections' can be removed;
- The section 'compilation' can be removed;
- The section 'system.codedom' can be removed;
- The section 'runtime' can be removed;
- The section 'system.webServer' can be removed if the are is Ajax functionality in the website.
If there is Ajax functionality, then Telerik code should be added. Depending on the IIS version this code will be:
Within the element the following code must be added:
<add name="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource" path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource, Telerik.Web.UI"/>
If you have any questions about this subject or if you want to provide us feedback please send us an e-mail.