Concerns: Futurama Vision
Introduction to the Futurama Vision platform in relation to Futurama
Futurama Vision provides a framework to:
- Hold data that can be used within Futurama
- Manage Futurama installations within an organization
- Analyze the use of Futurama applications
- provide safe access to personal data for endcustomers
In general, Futurama Vision is an extension to Futurama. It consists of:
1. Vision Database
Futurama itself can connect to external databases (whether they are SQL, Oracle or ODBC in general), but does not contain data itself. In Vision, a database is provided that stores:
- location of all Futurama installations and Futurama applications within an organization
- a structure to contain data of individuals (policies) and their relation to the organization
2. Vision Management Site
Together with the database, a web User Interface is provided that can be used by Administrators
3. Optional modules
See picture above. Depending on the Edition, several Vision modules can be implemented:
Futurama Accounts: provides functionality to allow for authentication and authorization of users to Futurama web applications. For example a customer portal.
Futurama Monitor: Allows storage of all Futurama Web sessions. This data can be transformed into useful information on user behavior in Futurama websites.
Futurama Server: Can be used to direct individual Futurama installations centrally when running batch jobs.
Futurama Register: Is used exclusively for the Dutch pension market (not documented here).
To use Futurama Vision follow the next two steps:
- install the Futurama Vision Management Site and the Futurama Vision Database
- configure the Futurama Vision Management Site
If you have any questions about this subject or if you want to provide us feedback please send us an e-mail.