Edition: Futurama Website/Futurama Export/Futurama Webservice
Module: Futurama Editor
Familiarity with the Futurama Editor (e.g. by making the tutorial Creating formulas with Futurama. See below for the link.)
Futurama objects are the building blocks with which any application can be modelled. There are several kinds of objects which will be described here briefly. A detailed description of any object and how to use it, can be found on the dedicated webpage of each object.
Every application which is made in Futurama, be it a Webservice, a Website or any other, consists of objects. These objects range from objects that are used for making a calculation to objects that represent elements on a website. Below is a list of the several categories of objects that exist within Futurama.
- Calculation-objects: these are used for calculations and other manipulations of values, most notably the Formula.
- Output-objects: these represent components in a website such as a TextBox or a WebPage.
- Document-objects: these are used for storing the Futurama application and referring to other Futurama applications, most notably the Document and the SubDocument.
- Folder-objects: these are used for organizing other objects, most notably the Node.
- Data-objects: these are used to retrieve data such as the XMLNode and DatabaseView.
- Action-objects: these perform a certain action like generating an Email (EmailConverter) or storing a File (FileSaver).
If you have any questions about this subject or if you want to provide us feedback please send us an e-mail.