Version: 4.1.0 +
The VisionReference 'ChangeAccount' has to be used to change an existing account. An user has already created and activated an account and wants to make changes to this account (for example changing the password). From Futurama version 5.3.0 this VisionReference both can be used when Futurama Accounts is used to authenticate the user and if another identity provider is used to authenticate an user. With Futurama Accounts it is important to both store the e-mail address of the user and the password. The password is used to secure the access to the application. In the situation of another identity provider this identity provider identifies the user and there is no password necessary to store in Futurama. However, it may be desirable to store the e-mail address of the user. In this situation the 'ChangeAccount' VisionReference can be used where the parameter UseExternalSecurity (see below) gets value TRUE.
The username of the account.
The password of the account
The user is required to repeat this password to confirm it.
The email address for the account.
The user is required to repeat his email address.
The question the user choose that will be used as an extra verification .
The answer the user had to the previous question.
UseExternalSecurity (from version 5.3.0):
Default value is FALSE. If TRUE then another identity provider is used to authenticate the user. If FALSE then Futurama Accounts is used for the authentication of the user. If UseExternalSecurity is TRUE, the parameters 'Password', 'RepeatedPassword', 'Question' and 'Answer' don't have to be filled in.
Within the Result element you find the result of your VisionReference webservice call. Use soapUI to get a quick overview of the responses (see the paragraph 'Example soapUI message').
The following return codes can be encountered:
- 00000 - GeneralSuccess: The operation completed successfully.
- 01000 - GeneralFailError: The operation caused an error. See the error log of the Vision Management Site for more details.
- 01999 - GeneralFailError: The operation caused an error. See the error log of the Vision Management Site for more details.
- 11010 - AccountDoesNotExist: This account does not exist.
- 11011 - AccountNotRelatedToApp: The account exists, but is not related to this application.
- 11012 - AccountIsNotUnique: The are multiple accounts existing in this application.
- 11050 - StatusInvalid - Account status is invalid for this operation.
- 11150 - PasswordDoesNotMeetRequirements: The password does not meet the minimum requirement (for example minimum signs, or signs not allowed).
- 11151 - EmailPatternInvalid - The email pattern is not valid (should be of the form firstname.lastname@example.org).
- 11152 - AnswerIsEmpty - Answer was not filled in by the user.
- 11153 - PasswordIncorrectlyRepeated - The repeated password does not match the previous one.
- 11154 - EmailIncorrectlyRepeated - The repeated email does not match the previous one.
Example soapUI message
In the preceding paragraph the parameters of the VisionReference are listed. The values of these parameters are used by Futurama to compose an XML-message. With soapUI it is possible to see the responses depending on the values of the parameters. Below you find an example of an XML-message. This example can be used in your soapUI project to test the connection with Vision and to see the response for a certain combination of parameters.
Within the Header element you find an element 'Document' and an element 'Futurama'. For these elements you have to fill in the path of the Document and the Futurama respectively you also configured in the Apps and Futuramas tab of the Vision Management Site. Within the Request element you find the parameters for this VisionReference. By changing the values of these parameters you can execute different webservice calls. If UseExternalSecurity is TRUE, the parameters 'Password', 'RepeatedPassword', 'Question' and 'Answer' don't have to be filled in.