Version: 18.12 +
This formula enables you to extract doubles from an Xml file and convert these directly to a matrix. No Xml validation/interpration is used, which means advantages in terms of performance and memory usage. On the other hand, only limited features are offered. In short:
- this formula always returns a 2-dimensional matrix of type double
- all xml elements in the file with a name that matches the name in one of the 'element' parameters (case sensitive) are returned in the column
- the number of columns is defined by the number of 'element' parameters in the formula
- all columns must have the same row
- all defined 'element' parameters MUST be available in the input file
- it is allowed however to embed other (non-used) elements in the input file
Full path to the xml input file. A base64 xml string is also allowed.
the name(s) of the elements to appear in the result.
Convert an Xml file directly to a matrix.
Download the files used for this example: ReadMatrixFromXml example. Open in the Futurama Editor example.xml. This example contains a reference to an external xml file. See file1 for this external file. The Formulas test1_1 and test1_2 directly read data from this external file to a matrix. In test1_1 a matrix with 3 columns is created, in test1_2 a matrix with 1 column.
If you have any questions about this subject or if you want to provide us feedback please send us an e-mail.